School Leadership Team Meeting Dates 2018-2019
Meetings will take place at noon.
Thursday, September 20, 2018
Thursday, October 18, 2018
Tuesday, November 20, 2018
Thursday, December 13, 2018
Thursday, January 17, 2019
Thursday, February 14, 2019
Wednesday, March 20, 2019
Thursday, April 18, 2019
Thursday, May 16, 2019
Thursday, June 20, 2019
Our Mission, Core Beliefs, and Values
PS 97, The Highlawn School, is dedicated to providing rigorous and well-rounded education to every child. Our students will be challenged through arts and technology infused curriculum, which embraces our multicultural multilingual community and allows our students to become world citizens and passionate leaders. At PS 97, active learning experiences develop students' natural curiosity and problem solving abilities. We strive to create an engaging standards-driven learning environment characterized by high academic expectations and ensuring success for all students. All members of PS 97 learn from one another. We value families as partners in education. We celebrate the voices and cultures of our students, our families, our staff, and our community.
- All students can learn.
- Students and staff are leaders in the school community.
- Every classroom is led by a highly qualified teacher.
- Families are our partners in education.
- Students come first.
- We work as an effective team.
- We operate with integrity and respect.
- We embrace change as an opportunity to grow and improve.
- We take responsibility and hold ourselves accountable.
- We celebrate, promote, and appreciate diversity.